- Want ideas? Check out the Winter Wish List
OCTOBER 30, 2015: Spread joy this giving season and help children and families experiencing homelessness celebrate a warm, safe and memorable holiday.
Wellspring Family Services is launching its annual Giving Together donation drive on Monday, November 2, 2015. Each holiday season hundreds of community members donate new toys, books, winter clothes, gift cards or money to help stock the Baby Boutique and Holiday Toy Room. Families are then invited to select gift items for their children.
NEW THIS YEAR: As part of the Giving Together drive, Wellspring will also be participating in Giving Tuesday, December 1, a global day to give back via social media. Proceeds from this one-day, online donation drive will benefit Wellspring’s Early Learning Center and the work underway to build strong supports around young children who have experienced the trauma of homelessness. Wellspring will be participating on Twitter and Facebook.
Wellspring’s annual holiday donation drive typically benefits about a thousand children and families each year. Drop-off donations will be taken between November 2, 2015, and January 1, 2016.
How you can help:
- Donate unwrapped toys or books
- Donate gift cards or money.
- Donate new clothes or essential items.
- Donate new coats, boots, scarfs and gloves.
- Host a donation drive at your workplace.
- Invite your children to fill a Kids Helping Kids donation jar.
Items for children of all ages – 0 to teen – are needed. Want ideas? Check out Wellspring’s Winter Wish List.
You can drop off donations at:
- 1900 Rainier Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144
- 8:30 am-5 pm , Monday-Friday
- Also: Saturday, November 14, and Saturday, December 12, 10 am – 2 pm.
Please deliver all donations unwrapped.
- Please click here if you are interested in individual or group volunteering. Last year more than 400 individuals donated 9,658 hours to help Wellspring Family Services serve clients.
Questions? Please call, 206 -826-3050.