The Wellspring Associate Board (WAB) is a volunteer group of young professionals who are making a difference in their community through helping children and families transition out of homelessness and find stability.
Why join the WAB?
- Learn about non-profit governance and board leadership through a robust board development curriculum
- Give back to the community in a significant way
- Develop leadership skills outside the work environment
- Gain understanding of the non-profit sector
- Gain experience in organizing and carrying out fundrainsing events
- Network with a like-minded cohort of people from a variety of professions
Leadership Training via Wellspring's Board Development Curriculum:
Session 1: Ending the Cycle of Family Homelessness
Session 2: Why Cultural Competency and Trauma Informed Care Matters
Session 3: Wellspring's Social Enterprises
Session 4: Homelessness: Issues & Advocacy
Session 5: Board Basics
Session 6: Best Practices in Board Governance
Session 7: Fundraising
Session 8: Foundations of Financial Management
Session 9: Board Development
Session 10: Managing the CEO
What's my expected commitment?
- Commit to a two-year term with the option to renew for a second term
- Serve as community ambassadors for Wellspring
- Attend the Lasting Change Luncheon and other Wellspring events, bringing guests from their personal networks, including collegues, friends, family, etc.
- Attend meetings regularly (meeting schedule includes 9 - 10 meetings a year including some joint meetings with the Wellspring Board of Directors)
- Participate in committees to advance WAB initiatives
- Make a personally meaningful finacial gift each year
Want to learn more? Contact Asa Tate, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.902.4231.